Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week TWO of Max 30!!!

Tomorrow is the start of WEEK TWO for Max 30!! The first week was awesome. I loved waking up and getting my workout in with Shaun T. By the third day I was pretty sore and actually still feel it in my calves and thighs. Max 30 is the ultimate fast, extremely effective workout. It combines the nutrition program from the 21 Day Fix but Shaun T really amps up the intensity with the workout. I can't wait to see what week two brings.


With that in mind, I created my weekly plan today as well! I took some of the recipes in the Max 30 book but I also found a few of my own. I decided to share this one with you because it looks interesting and very cheap to make. I have never tried this so I will be sure to give you a full review once I do!




If you try it before me, let me know how you like it :))


Cuban Picadillo


Ingredients:
1 pound (about) ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper (I used a sweet red one), chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 6oz can tomato paste
1/4 cup water
1 can black beans


Directions:

Chop your onion, bell pepper and mince your garlic
Put the ground beef, chopped onion, bell pepper and minced garlic in a large pan on medium heat
Just before the beef is completely cooked, add all of the remaining ingredients (If you are going to use beans, add them now)
Bring to a low simmer and cover
Cook for about 20 minutes to let all of the flavors mesh into one another
Serve your picadillo on top of rice and you can add the cilantro and avocado as a garnish!




Original recipe by Loriel @ Healthy Roots, Happy Soul on March 24, 2012

No comments :

Post a Comment