Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Transformation

Today really got me thinking about my journey with my health. Today I feel healthier than I EVER have in my entire life but why?

Let's go back...

2008- My diet consisted of junk food on top of junk food. Coffees with mainly creamer and sugar, bagels, pizza, ice cream, McDonalds, and alcohol. Lots of alcohol. I ate at 3am after a night of drinking, slept and continued the same routine day in and day out. I gained over 25 pounds in just 6 months because of that. There were random times when I would stop eating and just drink coffee to lose weight. As you can imagine that made me feel awful and made me keep the fat instead of losing it. I wasn't healthy OR treating my body or mind right.

2012- This was after my second child. I wasn't eating awesome and never watched my portions. Dunkin' Donuts was a part of my everyday which included donuts and high sugar ice coffees. I always felt tired and worn out. I felt like I could sleep for days and myself esteem was at an all time low.

TODAY- To say that I feel healthier than I ever have is an understatement. My body, mind and soul feel healthy and strong. Now I eat clean and follow the correct portions for my body. I am never starving nor do I feel like I am deprived of certain things. I live my life by an 80/20 rule. 80 percent of the time I eat clean- the other 20 percent I eat whatever I want. That means if I want a burger with cheese and a sweet tea- I'm going to have it and I don't feel guilty about it. My self confidence is so much higher than it has ever been and I finally feel comfortable in my own skin. I workout everyday for ME, to get stronger- not to lose any weight. I do it to clear my mind and let off some steam. I love it. This is the life I was supposed to live and I couldn't be happier.

In the end isn't that all that matters? To feel comfortable, happy and confident in your own skin? My mind and body are finally healthy and it's my mission to help other women achieve the same thing.


No comments :

Post a Comment