Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday Run

Setting goals does work!!! 

When I set out on my run today my goal was to run 5 miles. That distance would be 1 mile beyond my longest distance and I felt it would be a good way to boost my endurance.

Starting out running I felt great for the first mile and a half then it got harder. The wind was beating on my face, dust flying in my eyes and I was losing energy fast. I thought of giving up so many times. Instead of stopping I slowed my pace and found a place in the distance where I would start running again. I had to do that quite a few times but there was no way I was going to head back home defeated.

As I hit the 5 mile marker a sense of pride and relief washed over me. I DID IT! I hit my goal even though it wasn't exactly as I had planned. I found a way to make it happen. 


A life lesson was learned today. The road to hitting your goals is never going to be easy but that's no reason to give up. Keep pushing, keep your faith and believe strong in yourself and you can accomplish anything you wish. 


No comments :

Post a Comment