Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Monday!!

Well today didn't start off that awesome! My alarm never went off or I shut it off in my sleep... either way, I woke up at 7:30!!! Talk about freak out!! 

So I launched out of bed and started packing lunches, making breakfast and getting my oldest ready for school. Today is the start of Diversity Week so today's theme was "Diversity knocks your socks off" so all the kids were supposed to wear crazy socks for the day. 

This is what my girl picked :) She loved being able to wear whatever socks she wanted AND have them on the outside of her leggings!

So after I got my oldest off to school it was time to come home and make some (more) breakfast for my other two. They both decided on oatmeal, which half the time they don't eat after I make it, so I was determined to make it yummy. 

To my surprise they LOVED it!! 

Here is the recipe!
--------------

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup water
Pinch of salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 quarter of an apple
Drizzle of honey

1. In a sauce pan add the water and a small pinch of salt over med-high heat. 
2. Cut up the quarter of an apple into small pieces. I cut mine into toddler friendly bite sized pieces so they were pretty small! About the size of a pea. 
3. Once the water is boiling add in the oats, apple pieces and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
4. Let the mixture cook for about a minute or until oats are cooked. Remove from heat. 
5. Drizzle a little honey over the top and serve!  

This portion was perfect to split between my two toddlers! 

--------------

Now that breakfast to served and cleaned up, I need to get my sweat on with Max 30- Cardio Challenge! 

Have a happy Monday :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment