Monday, February 9, 2015

Healthy Chicken Salad

This afternoon was a scramble to find the food I wanted. Sometimes I just can't stick to my meal plan so I pull from other days or swap out items for others. It works out in the long run but many times it leaves me hungry which can be scary. I tend to binge eat when I get too hungry which is the main reason I love meal plans!

Anyways... I decided to make a classic that I love- Chicken Salad. Here's the issue with chicken salad though, it's normally loaded with mayonnaise. Not really awesome for my clean eating lifestyle. So I decided to recreate it! The result came out great and I'm guessing tomorrow it will be even better after the flavors have had the time to blend. Here is the recipe :)


***Healthy Chicken Salad***
2 chicken breasts (seasoned with salt and pepper and baked until done)
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/8 cup chopped celery
1tsp. garlic powder
1/2tsp. Paprika 
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Shred the chicken into small bite sized pieces. You could also chop it! Place Ina big mixing bowl.
2. Add the yogurt and mix until chicken is evenly coated.
3. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix to combine.

I ate mine with some sliced avocado which was great!!! 

Serve cold and store in refrigerator. 

Other variations:
Omit the red pepper and add 1/8 cup dried cranberries and 1/8 cup chopped walnuts (you can up these amounts to your liking!) 


While I was waiting for the chicken to bake I munched on some sugar snap peas to keep the hunger at bay! They worked like a charm ;) 

Have a happy Monday!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment