Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saturday Run!

I always used to wonder what runners would eat before heading out for a long distance run. It seems silly but what you eat before plays a HUGE roll in how you feel during a run. 

Here is what I found works for me!

-2 scoops of E&E in 8oz water
-1/2 banana
- 1 piece of whole grain toast with 1T almond butter (Justine's in my favorite brand by far!)

I eat/drink this an HOUR before my run. This helps my body to start digesting it so I don't have that heavy feeling. The e&e is an energy and endurance formula that is all natural so it gives you a natural high that helps you push throughout your ️workout. It tastes like lemonade almost and has been a great addition to my pre workout snack! I don't over load on water which is why it's so important to drink at LEAST half your body weight in ounce of water the day before.  

Now to just wait.... At 7 I'll be starting my 6 mile run :) 


"The more I run the more I love my body. Not because it's perfect, far from it, but because with every mile it is proving to me that I am capable of more than I ever thought possible."

Saturday morning run DONE in record time-- under an hour for 6 miles! 

And I feel amazing ❤️

When I started running I can remember thinking there was so way I could run 3 miles let alone 6! I could barely run 3/4 of a mile back then. I can't believe how much my endurance and strength have picked up allowing me to go further than I ever thought possible. 

Bottom line is: don't give up just because you are a beginner. Don't compare your 1st chapter to someone else's 10th chapter. Put your blinders on and keep pushing for your goals. It is possible to reach them! 

No comments :

Post a Comment