Friday, June 26, 2015

Oatmeal Pancakes

Pancakes are a huge hit around this house. My kids loves them, my hubby loves them, heck even I love them. But they aren't exactly the best breakfast food! This morning I was surfing around on MyFitnessPal and spotted an article about 15 different ways to use oatmeal. That's where I found it! Oatmeal pancakes! They sounded awesome so I just had to try them out! Here's the recipe-

Oatmeal Pancakes
Serving size: 4 pancakes (2 1/2 Tbsp of batter per pancake) 

1/4 whole wheat flour 
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 Tbsp sugar (I used a little less!)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (I used a little more)
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup buttermilk (I used 2% regular milk)
2 Tbsp. butter, melted (I used 1 1/2 Tbsp.)
1 large egg

(Milk not pictured!)

1. In a bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt) and stir with a whisk. Set aside.

2. In another bowl add the milk and egg and whisk to combine. While whisking the milk&egg mixture, slowly add the melted butter. You don't want to do this too fast as you will end up with cooked egg in your mixture! 

3. Take the oats mixture and add them into the wet ingredients. Stir just until wet. 

4. Over medium heat, coat pan with cooking spray and cook 2 1/2 Tbsp. of batter until the tops are bubbly and the bottoms are lightly brown. Flip them over and cook through. 

Additional Toppings: Maple Syrup OR 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter and a drizzle of honey. 

These pancakes were so yummy! We didn't have any maple syrup so we used the peanut butter and honey. It was AWESOME!!! The kiddos gobbled them right up! Seriously one of my favorite pancakes! And the best part is they are a little healthier than the original!! 



Nutrition Info:
Serves 3 / Serving Size: 4 pancakes

Per serving: Calories- 263: Total Fat 12g: Saturated Fat 6g: Cholesterol 85mg: Sodium 492mg: Carbohydrate 30g: Fiber 3G: sugar 5g: Protein 10g


No comments :

Post a Comment