Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Its Just a Number.

Something pretty crazy happened this morning and I am hesitant to share this with you BUT I feel I should be honest and open about my struggles.



I was making breakfast and my hubby noticed a specific body part was getting bigger (I'll leave out which one) and I said "yeah, I've gained 5 pounds. Hopefully it's all muscle"



After that he immediately knew I wasn't feeling awesome about it. I don't even know why I was upset about it but nonetheless it has been in the back of my mind ever since I noticed it. (I only weigh myself every week to two weeks)



The truth is that I feel healthier than I ever have so why care about what the scale says!?



Before ChaLEAN Extreme I could barely do two push-ups on my toes. NOW I can do 6 on my toes, chest all the way to the ground. I also can run 11 miles without stopping.



^^^THAT is the real test of fitness. Your strength! Not the number on the scale. ^^^



I never thought I'd be the person to really care about what the scale says, in fact I preach NOT to care about it and solely focus on how you feel physically and mentally. So I'm taking my own advice and throwing out society pressures of having to be a certain size and concentrating on ME and how I FEEL. I will not let a stupid number on the scale tell me how I should feel about my body.


Since I started this journey my goals have always been and will always  be to be healthier, happier and stronger than ever before.


No comments :

Post a Comment