Sunday, June 7, 2015

Spicy Chicken & Rice Bowl

You know those times you just don't want to cook? Well today, after my run, the last thing I wanted to do was cook but we all were hungry!!

This is exactly why I LOVE meal planning and cooking ahead. On Tuesday, I made about 6 chicken breasts, all seasoned in pairs differently. I used them throughout the week on salads, sandwiches and even in rice bowls! I also cook about 2 cups of rice to use along with 3-4 sweet potatoes. This gives me a lot to play with throughout the week when it comes to lunches! 

Here was today's throw together ️lunch! 

Spicy Chicken and Rice Bowl

1 small baked chicken breast seasoned with McCormicks Kickin' Chicken (this is spicy so use to taste!)
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes or any vegetable you have on hand! Peppers and onions (cooked) would be good! 
1Tbl shredded cheese (optional topping)
1Tbl plain Greek yogurt (optional topping) 
2 tsp. green onions or chives (optional topping) 

I basically just warmed everything up and put it all together layering the rice, chicken, tomatoes. Then adding the cheese and yogurt on top with a little green onion! 

Simple and easy yet oh so good!! 





No comments :

Post a Comment