Friday, June 12, 2015

Turkey Meatballs

Who doesn't love spaghetti and meatballs?!?! I know I do, especially with garlic bread...YUM! When I found this recipe in our Body Beast nutrition book I thought I'd give it a try. Using oats seemed a little weird but I promise that you can't even tell! These are so simple and can be frozen to use at a later time too!

Sagi's Signature Meatballs
Serving Size 5 meatballs- 220 calories/ 10g Fat/ 3g Saturated Fat/ 109mg Cholesterol/ 460mg sodium/ 8g Carbs/ 1g Fiber/ 0g Sugar/ 25g Protein/


Ingredients:
- Nonstick cooking stray
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tsp. sea salt (I used course kosher salt)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
-1 large egg, beaten
-3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
-1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
-2 Tbsp. organic tomato sauce (I used Newman's Own Organic Tomato Basil Sauce)

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 400F; lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

2. Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well with clean hands.

3. Roll mixture into 30 1-inch meatballs; place on prepared baking sheet.

4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.

ENJOY!!!



I ate these with zucchini noodles and the same sauce I used in the meatballs! It was so delicious and very carb friendly! My husband and kiddos even liked them except they had regular noodles! Perfect dinner for the entire family!


TIP: Meatballs freeze very well! Place 5 in a ziplock bag and freeze for future meals! You can defrost them in the refrigerator and heat them in the toaster over or microwave.


OTHER VARIATIONS!

1. 1Tbsp. chopped fresh basil and 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest.

2. 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce and 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley.

3. 1 tsp. cumin and 1 tsp. chili powder.

4. 2 tsp. hot sauce and 1/2 tsp. curry powder.

No comments :

Post a Comment