Monday, September 12, 2016

Its Monday... Again!

HAPPY MONDAY!!

I woke up today in the worst of moods. I was cranky that things weren't going my way AND the fact that my alarm was so quiet that I didn't even hear it going off for a full 9 minutes! Either I was really tired OR I need to change the tone I used! I hate days like this. I wish I could just press the restart button and try again.

But this is life right? Totally not happening. So I decided to do the next best thing- focus on myself.

When I say focus on myself I don't mean that I ignore my kids and husband and peace out on the whole mother gig. It means that before I serve anyone else, I try to get myself right. Waking up 9 minutes late I knew I had a decision to make. Run the day or the day will run ME. 

So instead of crawling back into bed and trying to press the restart (which by the way would have only ruined my morning even further) I rug myself into the kitchen, downed Energize, and walked out to the garage to press play.

Number #1- Working out wakes me up and pumps life back into me. Some days I just have to workout FIRST even though my routine typically is a devotional while my pre-workout is still kicking in.



After day 29 of my workout, Country Heat: Trail Ride, I was feeling more awake but my mind was still so negative. I don't know why I go straight to "I'm not good enough" and "I'll never reach my goals" but I do. Its like a cemented in belief of myself that I'm struggling to rid myself of. The ONLY way I've found to combat that is to turn my focus towards God instead of on me. I may not be strong right now but HE is and that's all I need.

Number #2- Morning devotionals remind me who my creator is and that He sent me here for a purpose and it WASN'T to be negative, mad, or hateful toward myself or anyone else. Today, I read about how He is The One and The Only God. In the end praying for others, remembering the many things I'm thankful for and realizing how all powerful my God truly is- lifts my mind to a different level.

Those TWO things are what I do to "focus on me" and get my day started right. I've found that waking up at 5, when the whole house is still sleeping, gives me this calm and happiness when the kids wake up in not so good moods. Working on myself is a life long journey and it took me for what seemed like forever to find my perfect combo in the morning. I will say that it doesn't ALWAYS lift my mood. If I don't give it my all by stopping the thoughts, focusing on doing the exercises, listening to what the trainer is saying, and truly reading into God word and praying- its like I never even did it. Your mindset is your most powerful tool and its not easily changed. I know I have to WORK for it and some days its easier than others.

Now that the girls are in school, I cooked and prepped a weeks worth of Lunches, Owen and I are headed outside for a little park playdate together. Check back in later for my LAST week of Country Heat meal plan AND how to prepped our lunches for this week!


OX

Jaclyn

No comments :

Post a Comment