Thursday, April 28, 2016

The First Few Days...

Hey all!!

So my journey with PiYo started on MONDAY and I am actually pretty excited about what this program will bring. First, let’s back up. For the past six months or so my love for running has been slowly increasing and I even completed my very first ½ marathon on Sunday! Can I just tell you how amazing it felt to have an official time and just simply running that far!! I never in a MILLION years thought that I’d ever have the stamina or drive to participate in one. It’s so funny because I started with a simple 25-minute workout program that showed me how much is possible if you just put your mind to it!

Okay, back to PiYo- I was so hesitate to commit to the full 60 day program. I am so used to doing hard core workouts that the idea of PiYo, a yoga and pilates inspired workout, made me feel like it wouldn’t give me enough. I ended up decided to give it a shot because of my running schedule. I needed something easy on my knees but would give me the stretch I desperately need post-runs!

Before Pics!! 
Before Pics!!  
The first two workouts were pretty short and I felt great after them. The workouts were about 20 minutes so I didn’t feel like I was wasting time or wanting to quit because I knew it was so short. I feel like these two workouts are gearing us up for what’s to come. It starts of slower but picks up speed which I know will be the case for the others!

Define: Upper was the first one I did. I skipped the Align video because I have done these workouts before but anyone who is just starting out should more certainly do the Align video! Its helpful :). Anyways, Define Upper gave me a great starting point to learn how to do triceps pushups which is something Chalene, the creator, uses a lot. Once I get the correct form down I think I’ll love them! In this video you focus mainly on your arms and abs like you would expect but the moves are different than other workouts I’ve done.
My little joining in on the PiYo fun!!! Even with kids around this workout is SO doable!

The second workout I did was Define: Lower. This one focuses on your legs and BALANCE!! Oh that balance can kill me sometimes but I am excited to see how it will strengthen my ankles and improving my running! The moves consisted of warm up squats, warrior, half-moon and down dog! All of those names will make sense once you try it!! Again, this workout was short and sweet but delivers a killer workout!!

Today will be Sweat which follows my 10K this morning!! This workout is a much longer but still doesn’t reach over 35 minutes!! YAY for short but effective workouts ;)

Okay, that’s all for now--

Xo

Jaclyn

No comments :

Post a Comment