Friday, April 29, 2016

NUTRITION TIP OF THE DAY!!

Gah, during the kids snack time is when I am most likely to binge on whatever snack they are having. After school I generally let them have crackers or something like that.
.
ANIMAL CRACKERS are SO ADDICTIVE!!!

So to fight off the daily snacking frenzy I have a few things I can do--
1. Make sure I have MY snack ready to eat and in front of me. My afternoon snack are things like plain Greek yogurt with almonds or an apple with almond butter 😍. Saving the "sweeter" options for later in the afternoon helps to keep my energy up and make their snacks less desirable.
2. Portion the kids snacks right when we get home from shopping so I don't have to actually touch the food, only open the bag. Somehow this helps me to not grab one! (This can use a bunch of plastic so I'll use small Tupperware containers!). It also helps with portion control for my kiddos, meaning less waste and easier on the budget.
3. Have my Shakeology made and in front of me. This is my #1 choice. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING fends off a binge snack attack like having a chocolatey goodness staring you in the face!!
It never fails that if I follow one of those options that I am way less likely to grab their snacks. It's the simple things that make all the difference!!

Hope this helps!! Drop a comment below with some tips that you use to fend off uncontrollable snacking!

No comments :

Post a Comment