Sunday, September 28, 2014

Someday.

Today while reading my personal development I came across a very eye opening message about the idea of "someday, I will..." It hit a cord with me so deeply that I thought I'd share a little of it with you. It goes like this...

**
"Some day my prince will come..." Good old Walt Disney. Well, that may have worked out for Snow White. Back here on Earth, it's a recipe for disappointment. In flesh-and-blood life, waiting for "someday" is no strategy for success, it's a cop out. What's more, it's one that the majority follow their whole lives.

Someday, when my ship comes in...
Someday, when I have the money...
Someday, when I have the time...
Someday, when I have the skill...
Someday, when I have the confidence...

How many of those statements have you said to yourself? I've got some sobering news for you: "some day" doesn't exist, never has, and never will. There is no "some day." There's only TODAY."

-Jeff Olson (The Slight Edge)
**

After reading that passage I thought about how many times I've put things off or thought "when I have the money" or "when I have a plan". Do you want to guess how many of those things I have actually accomplished in my life? NONE. That's right. I have never gone back. I have never been READY for those things. It's not because I'm too poor or don't have a plan its because I'm scared to take that leap of faith.

Here's some tough love for you on this Sunday and I know its not easy to hear. I feel the same way but nothing can change unless you are willing to stop saying someday and start saying TODAY.

No comments :

Post a Comment