Friday, September 12, 2014

Chicken Parmesan

My family LOVES Italian food! One of our favorites has got to be chicken parmesan. The crispy fried chicken with melted cheese and tomato sauce, need I say more?! Its heaven on a plate! I happened to run across this recipe from another coach and just had to try it! I put my own little spin on it and it came out wonderful! Here is the recipe so you can try it for yourself!


Healthy Chicken Parmesan--
2 chicken breasts
2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 can low sodium chopped tomatoes, undrained 



Put the chicken into a greased casserole dish and sprinkle the seasonings on both breasts. Put in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until done.

Add a layer of tomatoes (as much or little as you want). I use Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Chopped Tomatoes. They are low in sodium and add a good flavor to the dish! I imagine you could also use chopped fresh tomatoes too!




Then top with mozzarella; place back in oven for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.

Add a side of steamed broccoli and ENJOY!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment