Monday, November 10, 2014

Taco Soup

So I started out making taco soup but the recipe I used really didn't come out like "soup" there wasn't a ton of broth but it was yummy none the less. I did change a few things so I thought I'd post it for you!

The entire family loved this quick ONE pot meal!

Ingredients:

1/2 to 2 pounds ground turkey or beef (I used a lean ground sirloin beef)
1 serving of  Homemade Taco Seasoning
1 1/2 cups water
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans-- drained and rinsed
1 can ( 10 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can (15 oz.) Crushed tomatoes
1 package (10 oz) frozen corn (you could use canned too)
1 serving of Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing Mix

Directions

-- In a pot cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
--Return beef to pan and add taco seasoning. Stir to combine; mixing well.
--Add the remaining ingredients into beef mixture and bring to a boil.
-- Reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered for about 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Optional Toppings:
-Avocado
-Lettuce
-Green Onion
-Plain Greek Yogurt in place of Sour Cream
-Sharp Cheddar Cheese



No comments :

Post a Comment