Sunday, November 23, 2014

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

I was so sick of eating chicken and beef when I decided to check out some clean eating recipes for pork. My husband loves pork so I knew it would be a welcomed change. When I found this recipe I just had to try it! It did get a little messy trying to get the mustard and the parmesan onto the pork chops but WELL WORTH IT! I served this with steamed green beans and roasted potatoes. Needless to say this dish was a SUCCESS and I will be making it again so I just had to share it with you all! 

You will need:  
  • 3/4 c parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp basil leaves
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp dried orgeno
  • 1 dash black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp thyme leaves ( I didn't have this when I made it and it was still great!)
  • 1/4 cup dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 lbs pork chops
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Line baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
  • In a small bowl whisk together mustard, oil, and spices.
  • Season the 4 pork chops with pepper, then brush both sides of the chops with the mustard mixture.
  • Press the grated cheese into both sides of the chops.
  • Place the chops on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  The coating should be browned and slightly crispy and the pork should be cooked through.

This recipe would be GREAT with chicken as well!!

No comments :

Post a Comment