Thursday, June 23, 2016

I'm Running...

My running career reminds me so much of the journey you take when you take a risk & go after your dreams. 
.
The first stage- starts off being AWESOME! You are filled with accomplishment that you did it and are proud for taking that LEAP of faith. I can remember my first 5K! It was one of the BEST feelings in my life to finish that race.
.
The second stage- is when that honeymoon feeling starts to wear off. You find yourself facing obstacles and people challenging you. For me, it was when Owen needed me from 4-6am when I'd normally go running. It was a few months later when my knee started to hurt & having to overcome that. 
.
The third stage- Finally reaching your overall goal. OH THE FEELING of insane accomplishment when I finished the OKC 1/2 Marathon- I was so filled to the brim with happiness and feeling proud that I actually did it that I almost started to cry.
.
That cycle is EXACTLY what you face when you take the leap and do something you've always wanted. My running journey is the SAME rollercoaster ride that *coaching* has me going through. 
.
Don't get it twisted- every obstacle, very complication, EVERY. SINGLE. bump in the road has been 110% worth it. 
.
WHY? 
.
Because I've grown SO much. I've become a better person. I FEEL stronger mentally and I've overcome things I never thought possible.
.
Coaching and running for me go hand in hand. I'll keep fighting for my dreams. I'll keep pushing to the next level & I won't quit just because things get hard. 
.
I'm running so I can cross the finish line of the Route 66 Marathon. 
I'm running for financial freedom.
I'm running to be the BEST person possible & to create a future that I can be proud of.
I'm running for those people who need support and accountability. 
I'm running for & with our amazing team of coaches. 
.
I KNOW what I'm running for & I'll be here for anyone who wants to run with me.

No comments :

Post a Comment