Thursday, December 17, 2015

Kale Chips



What inspired me to make kale chips? I was sitting on a team call and one of the woman was munching on them. They looked interesting so I thought I'd give it a try! One of the things I learned was to not use too much oil. Too much oil results in soggy kale leaves that are nothing like chips. Here is how I did it...

-Preheat oven to 300 degrees
-Wash and dry kale (I used about 1 a bundle)
-Cut stems out of the leaves, break into chip sized pieces and place in a big bowl
-Drizzle 1T oil over leaves (I have use olive and coconut.)
-Sprinkle leaves with seasonings (below are some combos that are yummy! I didn't measure this out)
-With your hands rub in the oil and seasonings well
-In one layer, place leaves on a cookie sheet with edges
-Cook in over for about 10 minutes and then flip leaves, cook another 8 or so minutes.
(I will say that cooking times will vary based on the amount of kale chips you have. I would keep a close eye on them!!)

Yummy Seasoning Combos
Salt and Pepper
Sea Salt and Vinegar
Garlic Powder, Chili Powder & Salt


No comments :

Post a Comment