Thursday, July 30, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

I don't know about you but I LOVE buffalo chicken. Its on of my favorites! Actually when I was pregnant with my oldest all I wanted to spicy foods. This was my go to when we ate out. I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in buffalo sauce back then!! Anyways, I found this awesome recipe for a healthier buffalo chicken and just had to share :)

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

Servings: 26 • Size: 1 meatball Calories: 37 • Fat: 2 g • Carb: 1 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 4 g
Found at www.skinnytaste.com

Ingredients:

oil spray
1 1/4 lb ground chicken
1/4 cup panko crumbs
1 large egg
1/3 cup finely minced celery
1/3 cup finely minced carrot
1 clove crushed garlic
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup Franks Hot sauce
1/4 cup skinny blue cheese dressing (optional) > recipe here
finely chopped celery leaf for garnish (optional)


Directions:
Reheat oven to 400 degrees! 

Combine the chicken, panko, celery, carrots, garlic, egg, salt and pepper into a large bowl and mix well.

Roll the mixture into uniform balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. 

 Cook for roughly 15-18 minutes all depending the the size of the meatballs you made. The internal temperate must be 165 to be safe to eat! 

Once out of the oven you can pour the hot sauce on them or do it per serving! 

I serve with skinny blue cheese (recipe link above!) 

Enjoy!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment