Monday, October 27, 2014

Are your needs met?!

When I woke up this morning my plan was to read 15 minutes in my personal development book then workout. Needless to say, that didn't happen. I got so caught up in this new book that I just couldn't stop reading!

One of the things that stuck out to me in this book, Fearless & Fabulous by Cara Awill Leyba, was this notion of unfulfilled needs. I think this is totally true for everyone, especially moms. I know when my needs aren't fulfilled I am a mess. My mind is scattered an...d I'm not reacting to situations the way I should. When I do things that make me happy and bring me joy; I FEEL differently and everyone around me can tell.

As moms, it's so important to feed your soul things that make you happy so you can pass it on to your kids. Yes, we are here to taking care and nurture them but there is no reason why we shouldn't take care of ourselves too. Our health, mental and physical, is just has important as theirs.
Do yourself a favor and take 30 minutes a day to focus on YOU. Maybe it's before everyone wakes up in the morning or during nap time. Whenever it is, forget about the house chores, the kids, or the unpaid bills and focus on you. Read a book, workout, write in a journal. Something-- ANYTHING that makes you happy. You deserve it.

No comments :

Post a Comment